Monday, June 4, 2018

Life Lately


It’s been a while! I’ve been so, so busy lately, with career and life itself. But amid the jam-packed schedule, there were new experiences, lessons, and discoveries gained.

My last previous blogposts contain my scuffle with adulthood, where I couldn’t find myself. I didn’t believe in quarter life crisis at first. I was too judgy to think people claiming they’re going through such are just being excessively dramatic... until I hit a low point in life. I thought it was just another post-heartbreak depression, but it felt different... terribly different. Like what I said before, I came to a point where I questioned my purpose already. But with God’s guidance, friends and family’s support, I was able to overcome it. I realized that as we live this life, we continue to look and find for ourselves. This helps us evolve into someone better.




There were activities and events I pursued. Well, I really made myself busy to avoid crisis confinement. I diverted my focus into my passion. I tried to become active on TFC again. When I do not have flights on weekends, I do hosting jobs. This passion gives me joyous feeling. I thank my colleagues-turned-family as they always welcome me despite my inconsistency.



Remember when I said I don’t get excited with traveling anymore? I had my first visit in Munich last March. It was my first time to see snow falling. I saw a snow when I had my days off in Lake Tahoe, California. But seeing snowflakes fall down your hair is just crazy. I felt so giddy to see the whole street turns into white. The layover lasted for 52 hours, so we were able to travel to Salzburg, Austria on the second day. Yes, it felt refreshing to see new cities. But I must say that at the end of the day, I still prefer India and Bangladesh flights/layovers, as we consider these as relaxed journey.



After 3 months of having the OFW hunch, I went home to see my family and super friends and to be the maid of honor of Vuenavir on her wedding Day. April 14 is such a memorable day for all of us as our circle became complete after 7 long years. Rhian came home from Canada and Jeric from Japan. We all waited for this day to come, to be together and to witness our friend get hitched to the love of her life after all the struggles.



My big sister, brother-in-law, and 2 nephews had their vacay, too, from April 13 to May 11. Here’s what broke my heart. We were supposed to have a family vacation in Malaysia from May 4 until 7. Everything was all booked; ticket with travel tax and hotels. The night before our flight, my father prepared all our documents. He then noticed that my little sister’s passport was already expired last December. Oh dear! Please understand that my parents are busy and ageing, hence the derilict passport. I experienced as sudden feelings of being cold. I told my mom and dad to push through the trip with my big sister and her family. I would just stay home with Irah, since I’ve been to Malaysia several times already. But the parents refused. They would not enjoy the trip without us two, they said. I was heavy hearted. We had been planning this out of the country trip for a long time, as the last one was back in 2013. I had been expecting a family picture taken in front of Petronas Twin Tower. All the excitement and expectation vanished. Nonetheless, we didn’t ruin summer. We did various activities, like swimming, dining out, etc.

As I am composing this, I am currently in the plane going back to Riyadh. My vacation is not over yet, but I will get into the second part of it. This time, it’s a spring escapade in Cali with the man who’s giving me butterflies and rainbows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Lately #3

I fell in love with vlogging! My time for blogging has been given to recording and editing. That’s the reason I have no blog entry for th...