Saturday, March 14, 2015

FA Aspirant Seeking Place in the Aviation World

It has always been my goal to at least compose one blog for my page every month. However, due to busy days I've had since December, I was not able to do an entry for the month of February. Nonetheless, here I am, catching up.

If you are a frequent reader of my blog (if there's any, lol!), you are cognizant of the BIG BLESSING I've been wanting to divulge. I decided not to spill unless I already am living in it. And now, I am.


To all ladies who have the same ambition as mine, you know what the whole body picture is for.

Presently, I am Jeddah-based, going through a training before I become a flight attendant of Saudia (Saudi Arabian Airlines). Yup! This has been my dream since "college". For a pessimistic person like me, I felt it was not easy to achieve. Well, honestly, compared to other stories, I achieved it in a not so-hard way. It only appeared to be tough because of the patience I NEVER HAD.

I grew up in Saudi Arabia but took college in  the Philippines. After graduation, I returned to Saudi and was lucky to be employed immediately by an educational agency. I am thankful that this country has always job vacancies to offer Filipinos. Plus, I became part of media, serving the Filipino community. I fell in love with these jobs I lost sight of my dream of becoming FA. When I turned 22, I then recalled and this was the beginning of my quarter-life crisis. Seriously, this dream gave me hulking depression, pressure, and frustration. My family and friends were being consistently harangued about my silly dream.

I badly wanted this I could not wait. I was always making hasty decisions without thinking. My life temporarily became a world of gamble. I lost hope many times. But I was hungry for this I kept on trying and trying.

I was shortlisted for Oman Air through STB-DJL Philippine agency, but I was not able to attend the recruitment day with the employers because I was already back in Saudi Arabia. A few months later, I got accepted by Safi Airways, but my parents did not allow me to. Safi has a center in Jeddah but its destinations were my parents' concern. You may google it to know why.

I would love to be part of the other 2 prestige airlines, Qatar Airways & Emirates Airline, but I never had a chance to attend an Open Day/Recruitment Day. In October 2014, I was set to go to Abu Dhabi for the Open Day. When I called someone from the embassy, I was advised that I could not enter the hood without my sponsor (my father.) This made me really, really sad. But God is just so good. After that call, I checked on my e-mail and found a message from Saudia asking me to go to their In-Flight Operations Bldg. in Jeddah for an interview. I immediately booked a flight for me and Papa.

How I applied and got accepted? I will give the details on my next blog.

4 comments:

  1. Hello! I've been reading your site for some time now and finally got the courage to
    go ahead and give you a shout out from New Caney Texas!
    Just wanted to say keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know how I stopped up right here,
    however I believed this post was once great. I do not recognize who you're but certainly
    you're going to a well-known blogger when you aren't already.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks forr finally talking about >"FA Aspirant Seeking Place iin the Aviation World" <Liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificent website. A lot of useful info here.
    I am sending it to some friends ans additionally sharing
    in delicious. And certainly, thanks on your sweat!

    ReplyDelete

Life Lately #3

I fell in love with vlogging! My time for blogging has been given to recording and editing. That’s the reason I have no blog entry for th...