Wednesday, November 9, 2016

How can I let you go?

How many times do I have to reminisce about our memories before it dawns on me that it will never take place again? Memories of you and me that can never be replaced by anyone or anything.

How many times do I have to reread your handwritten letters before I can keep them in a box and finally keep them out of sight? Letters made out of your words that were carefully thought out.

How many times do I have to weep over those pictures before I let them get brittle and decay? Those pictures that did not just capture the moment, but our souls.

How many times do I have to search you before I can finally block you; be it online or in my real life? Searching to get a peek into your actual life; new photos, what have you done this weekend, future plans, or if you still miss me.

How many times do I have to utter the word goodbye before I can really let you go? Goodbye, a two-syllable word that would mean living this life without you.

Tell me... How can I let you go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Lately #3

I fell in love with vlogging! My time for blogging has been given to recording and editing. That’s the reason I have no blog entry for th...